Welcome to Day 17, friend! Today, we’re talking about making more money.
Yesterday when you added abundance to your budget, you may have found you don’t quite make enough money each month to cover it. No worries! I’m going to share a few tips and resources to help you make extra income outside of your job (if you have one).
I highly recommend that you have multiple sources of income (i.e. babysitting or tutoring). It can help you pay for your abundance AND help you to reach your savings goals much faster.
Ready to make mo’ money? Fabulous! Let’s get down to business.
First, I have four quick pointers you should keep in mind when deciding what you should do for extra income:
- Use Your Degree. If you have the education, put it to use. You can charge more money for a service when you’re an expert in a field. Think about how you can shape your education into an extra source of income.
- Do What You Do For a Living. You can hit the ground running with your side hustle if you have work experience in the industry. There’s no learning curve and you have a resume that proves you know what you’re doing.
- Activate Your Passion. Start charging for things you already do for free. You already have an established clientele who like your work and you can use them to spread the word.
- Negotiate a Raise. Start to collect all of the amazing value you bring to your job. Put it together in a file. Make sure you monetize your value. Example: The decision you made to do _________ is saving the company $10,000/year.
For other ways to make side income, Forbes has an excellent resource called “29 Side Hustle Ideas To Make Extra Money In 2023”. Here are a few favorites from the list:
- Take Online Surveys: Many marketing research companies are happy to pay for your opinion on various products, systems and topics
- Help Others with Odd Jobs on Fiverr: When you sign up for Fiverr, people can hire you for projects.
- Tutor: If you want a more flexible side hustle and know a lot about a certain subject, tutor high school or college students as they prep for exams.
- Rent or Sell Clothes and Products Online: You can market and sell online with little to no upfront costs using Etsy, your own e-commerce website and social media accounts. If you plan to sell both online and in-person, consider Square or Shopify
Do you have any more ideas to add to this list? Tell me in the comments, share them with your accountability partner and in the Dream Catcher Savings Challenge Group. Your ideas may inspire another!
Gentle Reminder: Be Careful of Scams
Keep your eyes peeled for jobs that appear suspicious. You should never have to pay money to make money and get-rich-quick schemes don’t exist. If a job sounds like a scam, it probably is.
>>Lastly, make sure your side hustle is worth your time and resources. If you drive an hour and spend $20 on parking just to make $25, you’re breaking even. That isn’t the type of hustle that will help you save much money or pay for abundance in your budget.<<
Now, it’s time to get your abundance on! Share your thoughts with me in the comments. What do you plan to do to make more? I’d love to know. Reach out to your accountability partner.
Remember, you can reach out to me here:
Facebook: The Budgetnista
Tiffany “The Budgetnista”
A Freebie: Have you saved and printed the Live Richer Starter Kit yet? It’s full of awesome freebies.
Want to work through the Live Richer Challenge: Savings Edition in a workbook? It’s already an Amazon Bestseller!
Click the link below and get your copy.
NEW YORK TIMES, WALL STREET JOURNAL, AND USA TODAY BESTSELLER
A ten-step plan for finding peace, safety, and harmony with your money—no matter how big or small your goals and no matter how rocky the market might be—by the inspiring and savvy “Budgetnista.”
PREORDER MADE WHOLE NOW: The ultimate hands-on workbook for anyone looking to get their finances in order—from budgeting to investing and everything in between—by Tiffany “The Budgetnista” Aliche, the New York Times bestselling author of the smash hit Get Good with Money (Click The Image Below)