Welcome to Week 3, my friend!
Can you believe we’re nearing the end of our Challenge? Me neither! Still, we have a lot left to do, so roll up your sleeves.
During the first two weeks of our Live Richer Challenge: Savings Edition, we focused on ways to cut expenses in order to boost your savings.
This week we’re going to discuss how to make more money so you can add your “loves” to your budget. Remember your loves from Week 1’s “Day 4: Purposeful Spending”? Pull them back out.
Money is one of the tools that can help you to live a more abundant life. With money you can give more, experience more and create more opportunities.
When you plan, budget and save, you can do the things that really matter to you, like traveling, starting a business, volunteering or funding a new hobby.
Here are 3 ways you can begin to attract abundance in your life:
1) Begin with Gratefulness: Being grateful signifies that you acknowledge what you DO have vs. what you DON’T have. Remember; what you water blooms. This means if you focus on what you don’t have, you create an atmosphere of lack. If you focus on what you do have, you create an atmosphere of abundance. The choice is yours.
*A fun little thing I’ve done is fill up a “grateful” jar. I would tear little pieces of paper when I was grateful for something (big or small), write it down, put it in the jar and then every few months or so, I would read the things I was grateful for.
Begin with gratefulness…
2) Your Perspective: Decide today that you are worthy of what you seek. You are! Also, know that just because things are hard, doesn’t mean that they’re not working. Sometimes life calls for hard times. You learn the most valuable lessons during those times. Use those lessons to maximize the good and great times. Shift your perspective. Both “good” and “bad” times are necessary for growth and abundance.
If you have kids or nieces or nephews (or you’ve seen kids, lol), you know that they don’t get things right the first, the second, fifth, or 20th time… but you know that they’re growing.
Same with you. The question to ask yourself is “Am I trying and am I growing?” It’s not about getting things right and perfect the first time around!
3) Your Generosity: Giving activates abundance. When you give honestly and genuinely, you’re projecting that you have extra, that you have more than enough. When you give from an honest, genuine place you create an opportunity to receive. Two things to keep in mind when you give:
- Give without expectation. Giving to receive is not true giving.
- You reap what you sow, but not always where you sow. Abundance can come from a totally different source than the one you gave to.
Now it’s time to write down the abundance you want to add to your budget and what you begin to do NOW, to attract it. Share it with me in the comments below.
Give your accountability partner(s) a virtual tap on their shoulder. Ask them, “What abundance would you like to have in your life? What can you do or are already doing to help attract that abundance?”
Also, share your answers with your fellow Dream Catchers in the Savings Challenge Group.
Oh and one more thing: how are you progressing towards the goals you identified on Week 1’s “Day 1: Savings Goals”? Are you on track to meet your savings goals in the timeframe you’ve chosen? Share your progress with me in the comments too!
Remember, you can reach out to me here:
Facebook: The BudgetnistaForum
Forum: Dream Catchers (if you’re not already a member.)
Tiffany “The Budgetnista”
A Freebie: Have you saved and printed the Live Richer Starter Kit yet? It’s full of awesome freebies.
Want to work through the Live Richer Challenge: Savings Edition in a workbook? It’s already an Amazon Bestseller!
Click the link below and get your copy.
NEW YORK TIMES, WALL STREET JOURNAL, AND USA TODAY BESTSELLER
A ten-step plan for finding peace, safety, and harmony with your money—no matter how big or small your goals and no matter how rocky the market might be—by the inspiring and savvy “Budgetnista.”
PREORDER MADE WHOLE NOW: The ultimate hands-on workbook for anyone looking to get their finances in order—from budgeting to investing and everything in between—by Tiffany “The Budgetnista” Aliche, the New York Times bestselling author of the smash hit Get Good with Money (Click The Image Below)